Especially for Hacker School students, but really for anyone: If you’re looking for a way to discretely measure your progress through Hacker School, check out the following resources:
- Programmer Competency Matrix
- This one especially is a good way to measure yourself.
- Programmer Competency Matrix rebooted, which is the same thing but extended.
- Signs you’re a good programmer
- The Eight Levels of Programmer
- BLS – Occupational Descriptions
- A much less humorous listing of programmer levels.
- Programming Achievements: How to Level Up as a Developer
- Hooray for gamification!
If you don’t really know what you want to work on, choose whatever is your lowest level in the Programmer Competency Matrix, or an example in the eight levels of programmer that you don’t understand, and ask someone more knowledgeable about it!